Petzl Swivel Opens are incredibly handy space savers and gear minimizers. You can always trust Petzl to create an incredible innovative spinning solution.
Petzl Swivel Open
$179.95 AUD Inc. GST
Gated swivel with sealed ball bearings
- Can be attached to a wide range of products (pulleys, lanyards…) because of its large opening.
- Reduces bulk and weight of component systems.
- Solves the twisting and tangling problems of ropes and lanyards in different situations:
– hauling: prevents rope twist when the load turns on itself, thus reducing kinking
– hauling: avoids the risk of friction between ropes, which improves efficiency
– progression with a lanyard: avoids twisting and simplifies manipulations
- Excellent performance and reliability due to maintenance-free sealed ball-bearings
- Weight: 130 g
- Certification(s): CE, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC
- Material(s): aluminum, nylon
- Color(s): yellow/black
- The screw is designed to be tightened to 2.5Nm. It should be installed and regularly inspected with a torque wrench.
- To strengthen the hold of the screw, use Loctite 222 (appropriate for alloy materials). DO NOT put the Loctite on the rubber washer, ONLY on the thread of the screw.
- The hex key needed for tightening the screw is a standard size. It is no longer supplied with the item (to reduce waste) so expect to have to supply the hex key yourself when assembling.
- MBS: 23 kN
- WLL: 5kN
Technical notice available here